Membership Terms & Conditions
MEMBERSHIP RULES: Memberships are to be used only for the members and families (if you have a family membership).
ENROLLMENT FEE: There is a one-time $10.00 enrollment fee.
CAGE RENTAL CANCELLATION POLICY: To discourage over booking and to keep more cages open, we have a cancellation fee for no shows or cancellations made less than 3 hours before your reservation (30 minute members= $10 & 60 minute members=$15).
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP: Cancellation of this Membership requires a 30-day notice. Once a signed cancellation notice has been given, you will be billed one final charge on the day of your re-occuring billing and then your membership will be terminated 30 days after your final charge. You will be able to use your membership until the end of those 30 days. To cancel your membership, you must email us at Director@bat-shack.com to request a cancellation form to fill out.
Release and Waiver
In consideration of my use of the facility provided by The Bat Shack - Seymour (TBS) I /we do hereby release TBS its employees, agents, owner, heirs, and successors in interest from any and all liability, causes of action, damages, claims or demands of every nature that may arise from my use of the TBS facility. This Release and Waiver covers all injuries, damages and causes of action, whether known or not, or which may later develop from the use of the facility or the activities occurring within the facility.
This release and waiver is agreed to freely and voluntarily. It shall be binding on the undersigned, his/her heirs, parents, guardians, agents, assigns, and any other person who seeks or may seek to bring a claim, cause of action, or demand on my behalf against TBS or it agents, employees, owners, or assigns.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
General Terms and Conditions
1.) Anyone entering the facility must be a member of The Bat Shack (TBS) unless prior specific authorization is granted.
2.) Helmets must be worn by all hitters entering the batting cages.
3.) Anyone throwing batting practice and/or pitching to batters must situate themselves behind a protective L-screen.
4.) Anyone participating in batting cage/pitching activity releases The Bat Shack from any and all liability that results from their actions, the actions of any other persons in the facility, or their use of the equipment or facility.
5.) A maximum of two people are allowed in a 35ft batting station at any time. These two people would be (a) a batter wearing a batting helmet and (b) a pitcher throwing behind the protective L screen. A maximum of four people are allowed in a 70ft station at any time.
6.) Any person entering the facility is expected to use common sense and maintain a proper lookout for their own safety.
7.) Please be considerate of other members waiting to use the facility by rotating after 12-15 reps when others are waiting. Individuals must allow time to facilitate your cleanup of the area and return the area to its original state.
8.) No person may enter or participate in any activity in or upon the training area without first having submitted a signed wavier on a form approved by The Bat Shack.
9.) The Bat Shack is not responsible for lost or misplaced personal property. Please keep track of your equipment and belongings.
10.) All players must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No one under 18 years of age is allowed to pitch to a batter in a 35ft cage. Live BP must be in a full tunnel of 70ft.
Food or Drink
1. No food of any type may be brought into the TBS facility.
2. No gum or sunflower seeds may be chewed while in the TBS facility
3. No cigarettes or other tobacco products may be brought into the TBS facility
1. Sneakers and turf shoes are the only footwear items permitted in the training area. No metal or molded cleats are allowed. Each person violating this rule shall be responsible for all resultant damage.
1. No person shall pull, hang onto or harm any of the netting in the batting cages and/or surrounding the training area.
2. Horseplay or inappropriate behavior is not tolerated and may result in immediate expulsion from TBS. In such event any fees paid to TBS are forfeited by the offending member.
3. No throwing balls outside of caged area inside TBS.
4. No SPITTING is permitted within the indoor portion of TBS.
5. No pine tar is to be used inside the facility
6. Place trash in appropriate receptacles
7. Respect the facility. Leave things better than you found them!!